Friday, March 12, 2010

My first ever post!

Hello, and wecome to my blog!

This is all jolly exciting as it is the first time I have ventured into the world of blogging....gee look at me go!! I must admit that I am not doing this completely off my own back though. I am training to be a primary school teacher and studying a unit called Teaching and Learning with New Technologies, and this is part of the assessment!

I'm a little suprised by how much I am enjoying the unit so far (no offence Mark!). I wasn't sure what was going to be involved, and thought perhaps we were going to have 14 weeks of mastering the interactive whiteboard! Luckily that's not the case, and the first 3 weeks have opened my eyes to the fantastic possibilities of both web 1.0 and web 2.0 in the classroom.

I wouldn't really class myself as a digital native. Although I rememer having IT lessons when I was at primary school and am reasonable proficient when using various comperter programs I think I have been left behind with the emergence of the social websites. I guess I thought Twitter was just about people letting the whole world know what the had for breakfast this morning, which is a total waste of time, but I am beginning to see that if used in the correct way web 2.0 is a great forum for collaborative learing.

Right well I'm going to see what else my new blog can do!
Take it easy,
PW

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are starting to see the potential of some of the web 2.0 tools. Not all of the tools will be useful in every context, and not all of them will appeal to every individual, but at least having some experience of the range of possibilities, from blogs to Twitter, gives you the option of choosing what works best for you ... educationally or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete